Sponsors are organizations that manage summer meal sites and operate under the Summer Food Service Program ran by the USDA. As a sponsor, you will:
- Attend your State agency’s training
- Locate and recruit eligible sites
- Hire, train, and supervise staff and volunteers
- Arrange for meals to be prepared or delivered
- Monitor your sites
- Prepare claims for reimbursement
- Ensure that your Summer Food project and sites are sustainable through community partnerships, fundraising, and volunteer recruitment.